Frequently Asked Questions¶
1. My job submission failed, and I cannot locate the output files. What should I do?
Verify that the job was submitted from the scratch filesystems rather than the home directory.
2. My DIPC account is nearing expiration. What should I do?
Please contact our support team to discuss extending your account's validity period, if applicable.
3. I accidentally deleted information from my home directory located at
/dipc/username. Can it be recovered?
Yes! Daily backups of the filesystem are performed. You can recover any data deleted within the past two months.
4. I mistakenly deleted information from my scratch directory located at
/scratch/username. Is there any way to recover it?
Unfortunately, no! We do not perform backups of the
scratchfilesystems. Keep in mind that
lscratchdirectories are intended for immediate and temporary use only. Any important data should be moved to your home directory upon job completion, as
/dipcis backed up daily.
5. My job has been in the queue for an extended period. What could be the cause?
- Your job may have requested an excessive amount of computing resources. Review your batch script. - Insufficient resources might be available to accommodate your job. Please be patient.